What is the 87 Bulldogs Alumni Association Scholarship?
The 87 Bulldogs Alumni Association offers a Scholarship opportunity for Graduating High School Seniors who demonstrate innovative and inspirational ideas to :
- Enrich their lives by participating in educational programs
- Produce something of value using their talents and skills, and/or
- Implement creative solutions that make positive contributions to their community.
Grants are made to the winning individual student(s), to be used by the student in the manner s/he describes in the application.
Who is Eligible?
Scholarships are open to graduating seniors from Brandywine High School of Wilmington, Delaware, and to graduating seniors of other high schools who are related to members of the 87 Bulldogs Alumni Association.
How do I nominate someone?
To nominate a student for the 87 Bulldogs Scholarship Grant, simply send the following information to 87BulldogsReunion@gmail.com:
- Nominee’s name
- Nominee’s school
- Nominee’s graduation year
- Nominee’s email address and phone number
- Your name, email address and phone number (self-nominees, just write, “Self-nomination”
Nominations must be received by Friday, December 15, 2017 to be eligible for the 2018 Scholarship Grant.
What’s next after nomination?
Finalist nominees will be selected by the 87B-AA Scholarship committee, and will be invited to submit the following information by March 15 of the calendar year to qualify for the 87B-AA Scholarship:
- Two Letters of Endorsement
- One from a Mentor, Teacher, or Community Leader
- One from a Peer
- Project Proposal that explains:
- What the student wants to do
- Why they want to do it
- How the Scholarship will help the student and the community
- Finalists will be asked to provide responses to interview questions, which will be sent in a Finalist notification package.
For more information, contact: 87BulldogsReunion@gmail.com.